An in conversation between Rachel Matthews and Trish Bolton.
Add to your calendar 25th Feb, 4:30pm at Fairfield Books for a conversation with fellow Melbourne author Trish Bolton, who’s just released the wonderful debut, ‘Whenever You’re Ready’.
In theme with our novels, we’ll be talking all things related to the realm of female friendships, challenging ageist ideals and dating over 40.
Rachel’s workshops are for all regardless of experience! Safe, fun, interactive and informative, these sessions can be tailored to your needs.
Workshop samples include:
- Readers are Writers: A fun chat and mini writing task for all ages and experience, bring a glass of wine!
- Publishing Potentials: An honest, educational conversation about the industry and how to build your profile.
- Speaking events: supporting charities and local organisations.
- Pets to Pen: a playful hour where you will write and share your pet tales (tails!). Creatures invited also for a ‘Show and Tell’ as our hello! (Zoom only for safety reasons!).
- Life writing workshops: navigating the legacy of family narratives.
- VCE Creative Writing preparation: sharpen your narrative techniques.
- YA matters: A workshop for young adults wanting to dabble in this powerful genre and learn about the broader writing industry.
- Love Lingers: Writing life-long relationships and friendships, as a memoir or fictional form.
- Men’s Musings: Casual, conversational stories of everyday life, that matter
Book chat & mini writing workshop
Wine, stories, laughs and heartfelt tales from the everyday in tonight’s author chat and writing workshop at the wonderful Fairfield books…an enormous thankyou to owner and book connoisseur Heather Dyer..what a fun mix of people…English teachers/writers Sally, Danielle and Michelle, screenwriter and producer Virginia Kennedy, author Trish Bolton and RMIT Screen students Ida and John…the talent was incredible…we even talked Heather into a writing task…what a lovely way to spend a Wed evening
LIFETIME LOVE AND INTIMACY
Join us for a book chat and writing class with Rachel Matthews, author of Never Look Desperate!
Rachel will chat about the pathway to publishing and create a safe, fun and relaxed space for participants to try a short writing exercise inspired by the theme. ‘Lifetime Love and Intimacy’. Writing materials provided.
Goulburn Valley Library: Readers are Writers seminar
Thursday 30 November 2023
Emerald Hill Library talk
Saturday 11 November 2023
We heard the church bells ring at 11am for remembrance day…a moving tribute to people caught in the horror of war from our poetic host Phillip, discussion of a longing to let go, the respite from domestic spaces, sensory reflections of childhood, the need to explore love, loss and humour and the joy in smashing stereotypes.